Although the quality of small tapered roller bearings are good, the rolling bearing is a precision component, and its use should be carried out carefully. No matter how high-performance bearings are used, if they are not used properly, the expected high performance will not be obtained. The following points should be paid attention to when bearing is used:
(1) Keep small tapered roller bearings and their surroundings clean.
Even small dusts that are invisible to the eye can have a bad effect on the bearings. Therefore, it is important to keep the surrounding area clean so that dust does not get into the bearings.
(2) Use with care.
The use of tapered roller bearings to give a strong impact can produce scars and indentation, which become the cause of accidents. In severe cases, they will crack and fracture, so we must pay attention to it.
(3) Use proper operation tools.
Avoid replacing them with existing tools. Proper tools must be used.
(4) Pay attention to the corrosion of tapered roller bearings.
When operating bearings, sweat on your hands can be the cause of rust. Be sure to use clean hands when handling, it is best to wear gloves if possible.
The use of hearing to identify irregularities in the operation of tapered roller bearings is a very common method. Experienced operators often use an electronic stethoscope to detect abnormal noise from a part. If the bearing is in good running condition, it will emit low whine sound. If it emits sharp hissing, squeaking, and other irregular sounds, it usually indicates that the bearing is in poor running condition.
The main problems are as follows
1. Tile surface corrosion: abnormal concentration of non-ferrous metal elements was found by spectral analysis; submicron wear particles with non-ferrous metal composition appeared in ferrography; water content and an acid value of lubricating oil exceeded the standard.
2. Journal surface strain: there are iron series cutting abrasive particles or black oxide particles in the ferrography, and there is tempering color on the metal surface.
3. Journal surface corrosion: spectrum analysis found that the concentration of iron is abnormal, there are many submicron particles of iron composition in ferrography, and the moisture content or acid value of lubricating oil exceeds the standard.
4. Surface strain: cutting abrasive particles are found in ferrography, and the wear particles are non-ferrous metals.
5. Fretting wear of bearing back: the spectrum analysis found that the iron concentration was abnormal, there were many iron composition submicron wear particles, and the moisture and acid value of lubricating oil were abnormal.