Pulsation dampener is a kind of pressure vessel used to eliminate liquid pressure fluctuation or flow pulsation in the pipeline. It can stabilize fluid pressure and flow, eliminate pipeline vibration, protect downstream instruments and equipment, and increase pump volume efficiency.
1. Gasbag type: the use the contraction and expansion of inert compressed gas in the airbag to absorb the pressure or flow pulsation of liquid. This kind of pulsation dampener is suitable for the application with the pulsation frequency less than 7Hz, because if the frequency is too high, the diaphragm or airbag will not be able to respond in time, so it can not eliminate the pulsation;
2. Nonmoving component type: the solid medium is used to intercept the fluid directly to achieve the effect of buffering pressure fluctuation or flow fluctuation. This kind of pulsation dampener is suitable for the application of high-frequency pulsation.
1. According to buffer medium
The types of pulsation dampeners are divided into compressed inert gas buffer type and nonmoving component type. The compressed inert gas buffer type can be divided into diaphragm type and airbag type, and the nonmoving component type can be divided into metal structure type and ceramic structure type.
2. According to by material
It is divided into EPDM, NBR, fluoro rubber, PTFE, metal, ceramic and other internal material types.
3. According to interface type
There are single-hole and double-hole types.
4. According to the liquid flow pattern
It can be divided into the straight-through and non-straight-through type.
The pulsation dampener can eliminate pipeline vibration, reduce pressure fluctuation, reduce flow floating, and protect downstream instruments and equipment. Installed in the front end of the pump, it can also increase the volume efficiency and output power of the pump.